I can’t believe it’s almost Friday and yet again it’s another week of one blog post! I promise I’m trying to get myself together and I do have a lot of fun Holiday posts coming (no gift guides, don’t worry!) so just bear with me a little 🙂
One of the sweet bloggers I follow, shared this fun question/answer game and one of the biggest things you guys constantly reach out to me about is getting to know me better (as if we’re that fun around here ;)) so I thought I’d join in! I’d love to hear your answers as well!
1. Real or Fake Tree? Real! We just got our Christmas tree and it’s my favorite thing to do all year! No joke! Give me all the fresh tree smells and colored lights!
2. Favorite Christmas Cookie? Frostbite cookies! They have the perfect amount of crunch with a good amount of white chocolate! I just realized I haven’t shared the recipe here.. stay tuned!
3. Home on Christmas Morning or Travel? Home. We travel before Christmas so that we’re where we need to be on Christmas morning 🙂 we switch off every year between my family and my in laws.
4. Clear or Colored Lights? Clear lights! Logan is more of a colored lights person (imagine that! #givehimallthecolor) and our first Christmas together – we got our real tree and…. colored lights! We’ve since switched to clear the last few years 🙂
5. Send Christmas Cards? Oh yes! We’ve sent them since our first Christmas! It’s so funny to see how we’ve changed over the years.. I’ve definitely gotten better with age (and 20 pounds lighter!) 😂
6. Favorite Christmas Present Received? All the gifts I receive, I love! It’s hard to pick just one. I’m hoping for the best present ever this year – isn’t everyone?! 😉
7. Favorite Christmas Present Given? Gift giving is my love language – I don’t care if I receive one gift but i love making sure others have plenty 😍 One year my siblings and I surprised my Mama with a plane ticket to visit her bestie in Seattle – who she hadn’t seen in years! Her face, when she figured it out, was priceless!
8. Stockings or no stockings? Yes ma’am! Logan and I exchange stockings – more so when St Nick comes early!
9. Christmas PJ’s? Oh yes – I mean, I’m all about the Christmas! We usually get Christmas pajamas with my Mama every year and I’m hoping we get some matching ones from my in laws too! Just so fun to match for the holidays.
10. Favorite Christmas carol? Carol of the Bells.
11. Favorite Holiday Tradition? The last 5+ years, Logan and I do a holiday show – usually the Grinch or a Christmas Carol! I just love getting dinner and enjoying the festivities! This year, Ashton and Ryan joined us and it was fun to share that!
12. Early Shopper or Last Minute? Very early! I try to start shopping in July (yes I know it’s crazy!). I have 1 more gift to buy and I’m set to enjoy Christmas time!
13. Favorite Christmas Movie or Show? Four Christmases or the Family Stone, although I cry all the time in that one.
14. Favorite Holiday Beverage? Grasshoppers! My gf and I get them annually downtown and do a Christmas activity after!
15.Cookies and Milk for Santa? We used to do this growing up and carrots for the reindeer. It was so fun to see a note from Santa and hear what we thought was him on the roof!
Thanks for reading along! Share a few of your answers in the comments below if you have a chance – I love learning more about you guys too!
Also – don’t forget, you have until December 10 to send me your picture (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the front porch contest! Hopefully more of you have decorated by now and I can’t wait to see them all!
Have a great night!Kristi