Y’all.. it’s October and I can’t believe it!
I have so many things on my “bucket list” for October through January 1 and somehow I’d also like to do absolutely nothing at the same time. Is that possible?!
Last year, we visited my Brother and Sister-in-law (to be) and she had these delicious muffins. Ever since then, I stalked her Pinterest board for the recipe and finally got a chance to make them this year.
They take 10 minutes to prep and they’re seriously ridiculously good so you should give them a try 🙂
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin (pure pumpkin puree)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
8 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place paper baking cups into muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture, until there are no lumps. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture and use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter. This will not look smooth, but it will bake up much prettier. (You can see exactly how I did this in the video above.)
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- I liked these best at room temperature or even slightly chilled! Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Happy baking! 🙂