I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.. I don’t cook very often – or meal plan (need to work on this!!) and it’s something I’ve always said I’d love to get better at. Because of this, I really LOVE when I find a good slow cooker recipe! I love that I can put it on in the morning and it’s ready by the time the hubs is home from work (or school…)!
I bring to you today… the hubs and my favorite crock pot/slow cooker meal!
Chicken Cordon Bleu!
I got the recipe from one of my best friends quite a few years ago! We had visited her and her husband (and our cute little Godson) in Wausau to celebrate an early Christmas (their little girl H was born a few weeks later :)). Michelle is great with meal planning and using their crock pot so of course she had already planned to make this for dinner. I was skeptical as I didn’t think I’d like it… BUT y’all… it was SO good!! The hubs immediately said we needed the recipe!
A few weeks later, we made the recipe on our own and it was so easy!!
Just missing my chicken!
2 box chicken stuffing (6 oz)
1 can cream of mushroom
1/2 can of cream of mushroom- golden
1 package diced ham (2 cups)
2 1/2 pounds of chicken (3-4 chicken breasts)
1 package of Swiss cheese
1 package of Muenster cheese
1. Cut chicken into cubes and cook until fully cooked through
1. Layer of stuffing (straight from the bag/box uncooked)
2. Layer of Swiss cheese on top
3. mix chicken, ham, 1 can of mushroom and 1/2 can of cream of mushroom-golden together and layer mixture on top of Swiss cheese
4. layer of Muenster cheese
5. salt and pepper
6. Cook on low for 3 hours; stir after 2 hours to make sure the stuffing is mixed with everything ( you can cook longer if needed- it shouldn’t dry out!)
And a few fun pictures of us with J from that visit I mentioned above 🙂
Do you guys have any easy crock pot recipes you love?! I’m always looking to add those to my recipe book- so please share! 🙂
I just made a chicken fajita crock pot meal and it was so good as well- let me know if you’d like to see the recipe!