Welcome to my first ever blog post 🙂 I’ve always thought about starting a blog documenting our newlywed life (I only follow about a million of them!) but never knew if i’d have enough interesting ideas/topics to discuss and share! Whether you share my love of DIY, weddings, fun fashion jewelry, Lilly Pulitzer or baked goods, I am just happy you stopped by!
I thought i’d start out by telling you all a few things about myself and my little world!
- I recently married the handsome and goofy love of my life this past December in an outdoor ceremony… did I mention it was in Minnesota?? And that I’m not a fan of being cold or being outside when it’s cold?! Needless to say, it was a pretty big shock to many people that we decided that for our wedding.. But at least it’ll be memorable!
- I moved a lot in my younger years… from Wisconsin to Florida back to Wisconsin and finally to Minnesota, where I currently live with my husband and two sweet puppies. Florida was hands down my favorite- I swear one day I will
makesweetly convince my husband that we need to live below the Mason Dixon line.. Or at least somewhere it’s warm year round. If there’s a beach near by- I certainly wouldn’t complain!
- As mentioned before, I am a dog mama to two sweet puppies– Leinie (she’s four and yes she’s still a puppy) and Destin (he’s a year old and a crazy mess). Fun fact: They are actual siblings and we got both from my in-laws who breed the cutest puppies ever- Leinie was from the very first litter they had!
- I absolutely hate being late but somehow always find myself as the person who walks in at the last minute. Everything in the Twin Cities seems so close (it’s only like 20 minutes away right..???) but yet it’s always about double the time I think.. It seems to be a problem and I should probably work on it!
- I’m a really picky eater– like before we can meet people out at restaurants I have to look at the menu to see if I can find at least one thing I’ll eat… it’s awkward when people offer new restaurants to try.. And makes my husband roll his eyes ALL the time. Although in my vows, I did say I promise to try new foods every week… I think I keep forgetting that.. The struggle is real y’all.
- I try to go to bed by 9 every night.. Yes I realize that makes me seem very old BUT I am exhausted by the time it rolls around and I need to make sure I get as much sleep as I can.. Especially since our little
monstersweet Destin gets up at 5:30-6 am EVERY morning… no sleeping in for him on weekends or any day of the week for that!
- Did I mention I work from home 3 days a week?! I never realized how much I’d love it until I was able to do it- getting up right before I have to start working (versus at 5 am the other days I go in the office!) and I can work in my pajamas… the BEST! Now if only I could figure out how to look this good while doing it!
- I’m obsessed with taking pictures and having pictures taken. My husband and I took 2 sets of Engagement pictures and 2 sets of Wedding photos and I loved every minute (and getting them back even more!). My husband on the other hand, despises having his picture taken and consistently makes goofy faces in every picture- how rude!
- I’m an extremely emotional person– like cry during commercials emotional. Hello, has anyone seen the Folgers commercials especially around Christmastime?? Also anytime we turn on a sad TV show (or crime shows) and it’s the last few minutes, I get emotional- even though I don’t even know the storyline. My husband tends to say “Why are you crying..?!?!” way too often. No shame here!
- I’m crazy obsessed with Christmas and everything associated with it. Anyone who knows me knows it’s out of control. There’s just something about the holiday lights, movies, decorations and the true magic of Christmas that just gets me so excited! One year I even wrapped all of our kitchen cabinets- and made sure the front porch glistened with overwhelming red lights. What can I say.. I’m a sucker for Santa and all his little elves. It’s the only time that I am happy to see snow- I’m still trying to figure out how to get rid of it the other 4-5 months it shows up! I think I hear Florida calling 😉
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂